Soba Noodle Salad with Chicken and Sesame
This tasty salad with Japanese buckwheat noodles is both quick and healthy. Great for lunch or a light dinner!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz buckwheat soba noodles
- 2 - 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2 rib celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 carrots, sliced or shredded
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp green onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Whisk rice vinegar, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, sesame oil, brown sugar, soy sauce, and ginger together in a large bowl until dressing is combined.
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add soba noodles, stir, and return water to a boil. Boil noodles until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain noodles in a colander under cold running water until cool, about 1 minute.
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast pieces until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 2 to 4 minutes. Add garlic, salt, and pepper; stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Toss soba noodles, chicken, celery, carrot, red pepper, cilantro, green onion, and sesame seeds together with dressing in large bowl.