Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo with Mushrooms
A decadent and delicious seafood dish. Very easy to prepare!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 pint heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mushrooms (I add more)
- 1/2-3/4 lb large cooked shrimp (I use 3/4 lb)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- In large skillet, over low heat, saute mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add shrimp, saute 3 to 4 minutes, set aside.
- Cook Fettuccine, al dente, drain. Drizzle and mix with some olive oil so pasta doesn't stick.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add cream. When cream is warm, add shrimp-mushroom mixture. Stir gently, cover and keep on low heat.(Pasta should be cooking, and timed so that the pasta is finished when the sauce is.)
- Slowly add cheeses to shrimp mixture, stirring constantly, until melted. Add pepper. Pour over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. I like to plate individually, but can be served in one large pasta dish.