Scrumptious Red Potato Salad with Dill Pickles
The secret to this is the dill pickles. Adds that little something extra!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
- 3 lbs unpeeled red potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 3 chopped hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot, cover red potatoes with salted cold water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until they're easily pierced with a skewer, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine white onion, red pepper, celery, dill pickles, and hard-boiled eggs in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes and cut into half-inch pieces while still warm. Transfer to the bowl and sprinkle with dill pickle juice and cider vinegar. Toss salad gently with mayonnaise. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Chill before serving.