Sante Fe Quesadillas
A quick and colourful appetizer for happy hour. Serve with fresh salsa, guacamole or sour cream as dipping sauces-or by itself. I often double the recipe as they go fast!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 or 2 tortilla shells
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar/monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 chopped green onion
- Prepare a lightly oiled large skillet over medium heat. Place the tortilla in the skillet and flip it once to ensure an even coating of oil on both sides.
- Allow the tortilla to heat on one side for 1 minute. Beginning at the center of the tortilla, evenly spread the cheese blend until the tortilla's entire surface is covered. Top the cheese with corn, red bell pepper, black beans and green onion.
- When the cheese is completely melted, carefully slide the tortilla from the pan onto a cutting board. Slice into 8 wedges and serve warm.