Grilled Soy Ginger Mahi
This is an Asian-inspired marinade that compliments the mild flavour of Mahi Mahi. Great summer dish, and would be good on any white fish.
- 4 medium mahi fillets (2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- salt and pepper
- In a 1 gallon zipper bag, combine all ingredients except fish. Squish to combine. Add mahi and seal, refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To freeze, squeeze all air out of zipper bag, or seal in a vacuum sealer and store in the freezer. Defrost and grill, following instructions below.
- Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray, then preheat to 475°F Cook fillets about 4 minutes on the first side, then turn and cook another 2-3 minutes, depending on thickness. Trust yourself on the grill, based on the thickness of your fillets.