Crostini with Cucumber, Smoked Salmon and Dill
Elegant and simple appetizer or snack.
- 1 French baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 to 1 package cream cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh dill (reserve 1 tbsp for topping)
- 1 cucumber
- 6 - 8 oz smoked salmon
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; brush top of each slice with olive oil. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine cream cheese, lemon zest and juice, salt, and 2 tablespoons dill.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over toasts. Top each toast with 2 cucumber slices, pressing gently into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange smoked salmon evenly over cucumbers.
- Sprinkle toasts evenly with black pepper and remaining dill.