Cindy's Smoothie or Smoothie Bowl
Cindy's favourite breakfast - delicious and healthy to get your day started properly!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup almond milk, plain, unsweetened (1/8 to 1/4 cup for smoothie bowl)
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 regular size avocado (more if required for smoothie bowl)
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup berries or fruit of any kind (reserve as topping for smoothie bowl)
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds (reserve as topping for smoothie bowl)
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds (reserve as topping for smoothie bowl)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh chopped ginger, optional
- 1/4 tsp tumeric, optional
- dried fruit and nut mixture or granola for smoothie bowl
- For smoothie, add a few ice cubes and blend all together.
- For smoothie bowl, use only 1/8 to 1/4 cup almond milk to give it a thicker consistency, slightly more avocado if necessary, and reserve the fruit, flax and chia seeds for toppings. Also add dried fruit and nut mixture or granola for topping if desired.