Cindy's Family Caesar Salad Dressing
Countless Saturday nights at my family cottage included steak and caesar salad while watching our beautiful sunsets over Lake Huron. My Mom, sister and I fine-tuned this recipe over the years, and while I'll do my best to convey the amounts, it's mostly a lot of tasting and adjusting until you get it just right!
- 4 -6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Hellman's Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 - 3 drops of tabasco
- garlic salt and freshly ground pepper
- Blend garlic, dijon mustard, cider vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire, tabasco, garlic salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Gradually add olive oil and then mayonnaise, mixing well. You may adjust both of these amounts, depending on creaminess and texture desired.
- At this point I add a little more of this and a little more of that to taste. Personal preference on level of lemon, vinegar, garlic, worcestershire etc. dictates the final product. Add a little more oil or mayonnaise if you've overdone it on the garlic or any of the other more potent ingredients!
- Use this recipe for any salads suited to caesar dressing, but to make the traditional salad, cut up romaine into bite size pieces, toss with dressing, bacon bits, croutons and grated parmesan cheese immediately before serving. Top with freshly ground pepper.