Chilled Avocado Soup
The summery flavours in this soup are lovely. Adjust tabasco, chili and paprika according to taste.
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 4 green onions
- fresh coriander
- 250 ml vegetable stock, chilled
- 200 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 mild fresh green chili
- 1 lime
- tabasco sauce
- 1 fresh red chili
- crushed spiced tortilla chips
- Peel, destone and chop the avocado. Peel and deseed the cucumber, reserving a whole 3cm piece to one side. Trim and roughly chop the spring onions, then pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Blend the avocado, cucumber, spring onions, coriander, stock, yoghurt and green chilli in a blender until smooth.
- Season with lime juice, Tabasco, and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper, then cover with clingfilm and put in the fridge to chill.
- Once the soup is chilled, serve in small bowls topped with the tortilla chips, chopped cucumber, red chilli and garlic chives. Finish with a drizzle of avocado oil, if you like.