Baked French Toast
The ultimate French toast breakfast indulgence!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tbsp corn syrup (I substitute maple syrup at times)
- Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes.