Avocado Quinoa Salad
A fresh, flavourful salad that is quite filling as is, but add chicken if you'd really like to make a meal of it. Parts of this salad can be made ahead of time, but it is best enjoyed shortly after being dressed and assembled. You can prep all the veggies (minus the avocado), quinoa, and dressing ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 5 ounces spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 large, ripe avocados, chopped
- 1/4 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup feta
- 4 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp dijon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Fluff and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, prep the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil into the vinegar mixture while whisking briskly. Whisk in the lemon juice. Store in the fridge while prepping the vegetables.
- In a large bowl, add in all the prepped veggies and quinoa. Add dressing and top with feta cheese.